FOSS4G 2007 Call for Presentations
We are pleased to announce the Call for Presentations for the FOSS4G (Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial) 2007 conference, being held September 24-27, in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Held annually, FOSS4G is the premier conference for the open source geospatial community, providing a full-immersion experience in established and leading edge geospatial technologies for developers, users, and people new to open source geospatial.
FOSS4G 2007 presentations are 25 minute talks, with 5 minute question and answer sessions at the end. Presentations cover the use or development of open source geospatial software. Anyone can can submit a presentation proposal and take part in the conference as a presenter.
Some topics of interest for this year are:
- Case Studies: Relate the experiences of you and your organization using open source geospatial. Where do things work well? Poorly? What problems did you solve, and at what cost? What do you recommend for others? Why?
- Benchmarks: Comparisons between pieces of geospatial software. How do features compare? Speed? Ease of use? What do you recommend for others?
- Visualization: Tell about your tips and tricks for effective visualization. How do you present information in a compelling way? 3D?
Cartographic tricks? Labelling and naming ideas? Graphs and hybrid map/data combinations?
- Development: What are the new developments in your open source geospatial software product? How does it work, how do people use it, what are the technical issues you are running into?
- Hacks and Mashing: Have you put together something novel or cool this year? What did you stick together, how did it work, show us your gizmo!
- Collaboration: What techniques are you using to improve collaboration between organizations and between individuals. Public geodata, collaborative data collection, data sharing, open standards, de facto standards, and more!
If you have an open source geospatial story to tell, we want to hear it!
For more information, see the FOSS4G site:
The deadline for presentation submissions is June 29, 2007. Submit early, submit often!