OpenLayers 2.3 Released
The OpenLayers Development Team is proud to announce Final Release of
To run 2.3 in your applications, include the following tag in your
Among the 52 fixed tickets, you will find:
- A number of minor fixes to popup handling
- A number of minor fixes to layer handling
- The addition of a TMS layer
- The ability to specify a number of failed attempts to load an image before giving up.
- Encoding of URLs sent to the server.
- A number of minor improvements in the grid layer
- A number of improvements in IE behavior, especially with regard to controls
- A fixed version of isEquivilantURL
- Small fix to build tools
- Improvements to the OverviewMap control.
- A fix for a longstanding bug where tiles are drawn outside the maxExtent of the map (Thanks to Bill Woodall)
- Added functionality to allow setting of multiple layers via WMS following the specification, using array syntax for layer list. (With information from Keith Pomakis)
- Some armoring and protection of the WMS Untiled layer and other layers on destroy().
- A fix to panning in an odd sized viewport.
Official Release Notes including all features and bug fixes can be found
...and complete documentation on the entire 2.3 Release is here: