Orfeo ToolBox 5.8 is released!
We are very happy to announce the new release of Orfeo ToolBox 5.8 codename Sphenomorphinae with a lot of new exciting features!
Some of the new additions:
- Monteverdi sources have been moved inside OTB repository and Monteverdi is now included as an OTB module.
- Connect applications in memory is now available, which allows to write a Python script chaining multiple applications and connect them in memory, no more disk I/Os!
- Random Forest based on the machine learning library Shark is now available in all OTB machine learning tools
- More sampling strategies have been added to the classification framework released in previous versions.
- OTB documentation for non developers aka the "Cookbook" has been migrate in RST (nicer, better, faster...)
The complete list of Request for Changes added in release 5.8 (including new features in Monteverdi):
- Request for Changes-35: FineRegistration, performances increased
- Request for Changes-51: Move Monteverdi into OTB
- Request for Changes-52: Faster BandMathX
- Request for changes-53: Connect applications in memory
- Request for Changes-54: Get OTB ready for gdal derived subdatasets
- Request for Changes-55: Monteverdi: Mouse-wheel zoom without CTRL
- Request for Changes-56: Spot7 metadata support
- Request for Changes-57: Migrate Cookbook to RST
- Request for Changes-58: Sampling on multiple images
- Request for Changes-59: Build support for msvc 2015 with OTB xdk
- Request for Changes-60: Shorter Release Process
- Request for Changes-61: Use codespell to fix common misspellings in source code
- Request for Changes-62: Enhance text comparison in dashboard
- Request for Changes-63: Refactor threading mechanism in sampling filters
- Request for Changes-64: Missing RAM for persistent filters in application
- Request for Changes-65: Add Shark Random forests implementation
- Request for Changes-67: ClassificationMapRegularizatio
n option for isolated pixels only
- Request for Changes-68: New sampling strategies in classification framework
- Lot of bugfixes
OTB 5.8 will also be available soon depending of your package management system (please revisit the download page if your platform is not available yet). Support for version 5.8 will also soon be added to QGIS thanks to improvements made during last FOSS4G with the support of QGIS developers.
We welcome your feedback and request, and encourage you to join the OTB community and mailing list.
If you think you face a bug, please report it on Mantis.
Happy remote sensing with OTB!
The OTB Team