OSGeoLive 5.5 Released
DVD/USB/VM of Open Source GeoSpatial software + docs + data)
Version 5.5 of the OSGeo-Live GIS software collection (http://live.osgeo.org) and accompanying Lightening Presentation (http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/livedvd/promo/trunk/en/presentation/), has been released, ready for distribution at a large number of geospatial conferences and workshops from around the world.
OSGeo-Live is a self-contained bootable DVD, USB flash drive and Virtual Machine based upon Ubuntu Linux that is pre-configured with a wide variety of robust open source geospatial software. The applications can be trialed without installing anything on your computer, simply by booting the computer from the DVD or USB drive. The lightening overview introduces all these applications, and hence provides a comprehensive introduction to the breadth of Geospatial Open Source.
- 50 Quality Geospatial Open Source applications installed and pre-configured
- Quality free world maps and geodata
- One page overviews and quick start guides for all applications
- Overviews of key OGC standards
- Translations for Greek, German, Polish, Spanish and Japanese