The GDAL/OGR team is pleased to announce the release of GDAL/OGR 1.9.0.
This is a major new release including the following major new features:
- New GDAL drivers: ACE2, CTG, E00GRID, ECRGTOC, GRASSASCIIGrid, GTA, NGSGEOID, SNODAS, WebP, ZMap
- New OGR drivers: ARCGEN, CouchDB, DWG, EDIGEO, ESRI FileGDB, Geomedia, Google Fusion Tables, IDRISI, MDB, SEGUKOOA, SEGY, SVG, XLS
- Significantly improved drivers: NetCDF
- Encoding support for shapefile/dbf (#882)
- RFC 35: Delete, reorder and alter field definitions of OGR layers
- RFC 37: Add mechanism to provide user data to CPLErrorHandler (#4295)
- gdalsrsinfo: new supported utility to report SRS in various form (supercedes testepsg)
Complete news on the new release can be found at:
The new release can be downloaded from:
- http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal190.zip - source as a zip
- http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal-1.9.0.tar.gz - source as .tar.gz
- http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdalautotest-1.9.0.tar.gz - test suite
- http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal190doc.zip - documentation / website
The Moose herd is pleased to announce that GeoMoose 1.2.0 has been officially released.
Design objectives include:
- Code must be developed in an Services Oriented Architecture.
- Configurability for users.
- Easy maintenance for data owners.
- A client interface for MapServer, but designed to be open to other server engines.
- Targeted use cases for local governments.
The local active OSGeo members from Belgium are proud to announce the birth of the Belgian local Chapter.
Belgium is, as a country divided in at least 3 speaking languages and 3 official languages. The active OSGeo community members today are either active in the OSGeo.nl, the OSGeo.fr or in several OSGeo communities.
The Belgium chapter will actively work on the promotion of open source Geo solutions and the continuation of all the good work based on the existing software stacks.
Together with the Belgian eco-system of administrations, industry and schools, we want to build a more open world.
On 29 October, 2015, we will organise a first FOSS4G-BE and announce the birth of the (legal) organisation to the Belgium public.
You want to leave us a message or join us ?
The OSGeo Conference Committee has extended the deadline by 2 weeks for submitting a letter of intent for hosting the 2011 FOSS4G event. See below for the updated deadlines, or at http://www.osgeo.org/conference/rfp
Letters of Intent (Stage 1) due: 2010-04-23 23:00 UTC 
Stage 1 question period: 2010-04-23 to 2010-04-30
Stage 1 decision: 2010-04-30
Proposals (Stage 2) due: 2010-05-21 23:00 UTC 
Stage 2 question period: 2010-05-21 to 2010-05-28
Final decision: 2010-06-11